Friday, November 10, 2006

This is Margaret

This is Margaret's story.

I have a scar that is very similar [to Svea's] but rather longer and more worm-like - from exploratory surgery on my 21st birthday. Boy, did they explore! I am 53 now and quite used to it but I think it changed me forever to have a scar like that... It would be interesting [to have my photo taken]. I used to work as a model and actress, so I am used to photographers, although it's been many years. Not sure I want to identify with my scar by looking at it - have never considered it an art piece - to me it's abomination so I'm sure it would be a positive experience to look at it subjectively in another way.

Margaret hasn't come in to be photographed, but I'm still hoping she might. When I asked if I could post her story, this is what she said.

I would like to add the fact that it's been many years since I've felt comfortable about myself when it comes to having my photo taken because I have a secret that has taken away my looking at the camera - inside, in the deepest part of me, I feel scarred...is it the scar on my body or the scar in my heart that won't let me look at myself?

No comments: